Cenex invites expressions of interest to present at the Cenex-LCV2020 event
Cenex has opened the submission process for parties interested in speaking at its Cenex-LCV2020 event. The event will take place on 9th and 10th September 2020 at Millbrook in Bedfordshire. Interested organisations are invited to submit an expression of interest (EOI) form through the Cenex website at www.cenex-lcv.co.uk/seminars. The deadline for submission is Friday, 22 May 2020.
Now established as the place to announce new innovations, products and initiatives, the 13th annual Cenex-LCV event provides an ideal platform for UK automotive organizations to showcase and engage with informers; and to discuss emerging technologies, industry issues and future trends. Last year’s seminar programme was the largest to date, with over 170 speakers and 34 seminar sessions over the two-day event.
Cenex-LCV2020’s seminar programme will be split into two areas. Expressions of interest to present are requested for the following themes:
Technology development and validation for:
- Advanced propulsion systems, including internal combustion engine (ICE) and fuel cell developments, as well as electric machines, power electronics and energy storage, including systems integration
- Battery developments, performance, safety, legislation and advances in battery materials
- Application of low and ultra-low carbon vehicle technologies, including two- and three-wheelers, passenger cars, vans, buses, trucks, and off-road vehicles and equipment
- Technology-transfer opportunities from low carbon automotive to aerospace, rail and maritime applications
- Design, engineering and testing for low carbon vehicle technologies, including physical testing, as well as digital engineering, modelling and simulation
- Energy for transport – innovative developments in technologies for recharging and refuelling low carbon vehicles and their integration into smart cities and the wider energy system
Policy and market development:
- Insight into technology and policy, as well as market trends and forecasts for ultra-low and zero emission vehicles
- The journey to “Net Zero” – how organisations, cities and regions can and are transitioning to Net Zero (greenhouse gas and pollutant emissions)
- Insight into vehicle and energy technology demonstration projects and how they can inform policy and market development. Subject matter expected to be covered in this topic area includes alternative fuels (electricity, hydrogen, biofuels and synthetic fuels) and innovative charging and refuelling technologies (such as on-street and public charging hubs, V2G and wireless charging, and developments in hydrogen refuelling)
- Developments with mobility hubs, shared mobility, inclusive mobility and mobility-as-a-service (MaaS), including learning and best practice from operational schemes
Robert Evans, CEO of Cenex, says, “Our annual LCV event is a great opportunity to speak to like-minded people about research, new technologies and industry insight. The event has grown year on year, and we do our best to ensure a wide representation of decision-makers from the UK automotive industry attend, including major stakeholders, key manufacturers, supply chain representatives, and government officials.
“Last year’s seminar programme was our largest to date, and the quality of speakers and insight shared didn’t disappoint. We are confident that in 2020, we will once again be able to deliver a tailored seminar programme, with some of the best speakers in the industry. Please register your expression of interest – it’s a great opportunity to get in front of the right audience!”
The deadline for submission is Friday, 22 May 2020. Applications will be processed in the second half of May, with speakers notified in early June. The full programme will be published in late June.
To be the first to find out what the APC and the UK Pavilion will doing at LCV2020, sign up to our newsletter by clicking here.
To keep up to date with Cenex’s 13th Low Carbon Vehicle event, LCV2020, please visit www.cenex-lcv.co.uk.
To find out more about what COVID-19 means for LCV2020, please visit https://www.cenex-lcv.co.uk/news-media/press-releases/covid-19-update