APC Sponsors Next Generation of Engineers in Greenpower Programme
We are proud to announce the third year of the partnership between the APC and Greenpower, providing the opportunity for young engineers across the UK to build and race their own electric vehicles.
The APC and Spoke network will provide financial support and mentoring to six primary schools throughout the build process of a Greenpower Goblin kit car. Students aged 9-11, will then compete on a real race track at a regional Greenpower race day.
Greenpower aims to introduce students to STEM subjects, giving them a hands on and fun way of learning about a career in engineering. This is an example of the vital initiatives needed to reduce the current labour shortage in the UK for engineering.
We are thrilled to announce the winning schools:
- Advanced Propulsion Centre UK – Clytha Primary School
- Loughborough University – St Laurence’s Primary School
- Newcastle University – Bridgewater Primary School
- University of Nottingham – Bramcote Hills Primary School
- WMG (University of Warwick) – Howard Primary School
- WMG (University of Warwick) – St Mary’s C of E Primary School
The schools will be supported by the APC’s Spoke Community, made up of six of the UK’s leading universities that focus on R&D of key technology areas in the low carbon automotive industry.
We would like to thank everyone involved for their support, enabling six more primary schools and hundreds of students to take part in this initiative. You will be able to see how the schools are progressing with their build on the APC website and twitter page.
Here’s a highlight of our previous Greenpower champions…